Friday 24 June 2011

Me, three years ago

so friday morning i get up at 9. my pole dancing friend was to bring her pole around for the party. unfortunately she didn't show up (due to a trip to the hospital or something, i later found out), but it gave me time to get the house in order for the party. from about 10 til 2 i was busy covering the walls in bacofoil and generally tidying up. at about 2 I went busking, as i have no money for beer. after busking it was time for more organising. mags came round and helped us move furniture. anyway...

so the party started kicking off at about 10. these guys brought their turntables and we hired a massive sound system. but as soon as they set it up they disappeared. enter Tim the DJ. i got to start my party as the flipping DJ. i had no idea what records were what, but somehow managed to mix a decent half hour set. then it goes blurry.

i remember being stood on my kitchen roof out in the back garden, spinning a fire staff, very drunkly, but quite well, yet not well enough to stop me from burning myself. i have a nice red - black bruise down my left arm and a little less hair in patches, but i'm alive.

coming down off the roof, i found my house full of people i've never met before, some decent looking, some less so. oh yeah, my mobile phone showed up, how weird? i went and played guitar for a bit in the guitar room, and then went upstairs to speak to people upstairs (there was people in pretty much every room of my house). then one of the speakers blew. (and one of the windows in the living room got smashed in an unrelated incident).

this brought in the owner of the speakers (and quite a nasty character from my drunken observation). luckily it had nothing to do with me. some asshole djing fucked up and did it. this started the exodus of people from my house.

unfortunately, one of my mates gave me something just before this happened. which left me completely fucked, looking for more partying to be had, whilst trying to get everyone out of my house. i got everyone out and then decided to go for a walk to Pendennis Point, where i heard there was a rave on. not a smart idea with an easily enterable house full of guitars and electrical equipment.

i got to the rave as it was closing down at around dawn. i stuck around and had a smoke with a friend i found there and then passed out in the baking morning sunshine. i awoke a few hours later, dry mouthed to fuck and a little bit dazed. i made it to the leisure centre on the hill at snails' pace desperate for water. i had no money on me, and the fucking cunt behind the counter (who looked about 17 years old) wouldn't let me use the bathroom to get a glass of water, i think i was rude or something. with no energy whatsoever my only form of protest was to pass out on the grass in front of their business. a few more hours of baking in the sun passed before i finally stumbled to my mate Matt's house for about 20 glasses of water.

i finally got in at about 7pm. the place was trashed. window smashed, beer cans and bottles everywhere, cigarette butts, gas canisters... the carpet is totally fucked ... and where did I put my laptop? I was pretty sure I stashed it somewhere, but for the life of me it wasn't in any logical hiding places. Fuck. I had dinner and tidied up a bit before calling it a day. not wanting to be in a break-in-able house, I locked all the guitars in the only lockable room in the house and went to Mags'.

so yesterday i got to do more tidying up, the window still hasn't been sorted and i decided to kip at Mags' again. the day pretty much was a trek to piece together information.

and now today, i've come home for a shower (desperately needed!) and had another hunt around my house my laptop. I did hide it, thank fuck, under my bed. I don't know why i didn't look there before, i think my head hasn't been working properly til now. so i'm now sat in a cafe having a coffee and trying to piece together my last three days for you.

i've got to now go and pick up some glass and putty and stuff to do the window and find out how much it'll cost to hire an industrial carpet cleaner. but the thing is, I can do it so much easier now I've found my laptop, filled in some gaps from friday and know that in less than two weeks time i'll have you.

sorry for taking so fucking long to write to you

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment