Sunday 3 April 2011

I need a day off

Sorry typewriter. For the need of practicalities this one's going to have to go straight from the laptop.

I woke up on the sofa at my friend James' house. The area seemed vaguely familiar. God knows what time we were up drinking until; I can imagine it was quite late. There was quite a walk back from the club. And I think the club shut at 3.00am.

Crap. Flashbacks: I don't think we stayed til the place closed. I also remember vomiting into a pint glass at the bar. The two might be related.

It's now Sunday and I'm working tonight. I can't remember the last day I had a day off. The old 15 hour day has cropped up to and my next day off is not due until Saturday. I could moan that I'm flagging, not that it would get me anywhere. Neither does the after work socializing. But as a bartender it's part of the job. If you're not offered a free pint after work, something's wrong. If you don't take it, you better have a good reason, otherwise you are wrong.

In the end, after the six hours' sleep every night and the lack of time off, it's all worth it.

It's my last day today.

I'm going to work at a magazine tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment