Thursday 3 March 2011

Yeah Thursday

Where was I? Ah yes, the battery has arrived. It hasn't taken me this long to fit it. I've been editing the track I'm putting up. But now I can write this from my bed, comfortably, without worrying about it crashing!



My God it's good to see the battery icon in the top right hand corner. Left side's not too bad either.

And here as previously promised, the tunes I came up with earlier:

Jam Solo by Jam's Solo


Thursday 2 by Jam's Solo

Bloody music. It always comes back to music. I almost forgot what I originally came on here to post. Last week's writing.

Last week was London Fashion Week. And quite handily Audio Couture was part of it, providing the sounds for Kristian Aadnevik's A/W 2011 show at The In & Out Club in the heart of Westminster. The free cocktails weren't all that amazing, despite the vodka being made from icebergs. (A shit mix makes a bad drink. End of story.) I'm pretty sure I saw a dude who was either a footballer or from Hollyoaks, but the dude with the disco ball head stole the show. It was out in the courtyard which was sweet because we could continue smoking. Here's the article I did for Audio Couture:

Yeah, you've got a shiny head. Well done.



Audio Couture was this week hard at work at Kristian Aadnevik’s Autumn / Winter show at London Fashion Week. Never one to turn down an invitation (read: free drink) or the opportunity to see the crew out of the office, I headed down to see what all this fashion week fuss was about.

Set in the regal surroundings of The In and Out Club, a members-only townhouse in central London, the Georgian setting was perfect for the drama to come from Kristian’s sartorial and our own José Hita’s audio designs on show. After all, as a former protégé of Donatella Versace and a designer for Alexander McQueen and Roberto Cavalli, Kristian’s designs couldn’t be shown just anywhere.

Drawing on Kristian’s gothic inspiration for his clothes, José’s soundtrack mixed black metal from Kristian’s native Norway with classical music composed by Danny Elfman that created a suicidal sexuality reminiscent of the Camden scene.

With the catwalk placed outside in the townhouse’s terrace, a single giant lantern lit the garden. As the lantern dimmed to darkness, the focus was drawn to the first model by pounding evocative music and a single spotlight. The rest of the pack followed, svelte yet predatory and morbidly at ease prowling the catwalk to the deathly sounds.

Discordant, melancholic but moving tracks by Satyricon and Sombres Forêst were given an elegant twist, softened by the orchestrated tones. A mirror image to the leather bound bodices, velvet throws, buckles, studs and straps on show. This was not just goth. But goth couture.

Shit this post has taken ages. I need to get on with my day. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment