Sunday 17 October 2010

Still Not Yossarian


It's been over two months since I last posted on here. What's happened? Well, what can you do in two months? Drink about 150 cups of tea, brush your teeth approximately 120 times, yeah, there's a lot you can do in two months. There's also loads you can't do.
I couldn't do my Economist internship. That fucking stung.

Seriously, talk about ripping something away from under your nose. And the mean bastard who did so? The bloody government. Benefit swiping cunts.

So the prospect of providing free labour to a prestigious newspaper was taken away from me, with all the pre-imagined dreams of a paid position in the media. Thanks for killing my dreams Department of Work and Pensions (and dream crushing).

I'm now working in a bar/restaurant for about 30-50 hours a week. It's pretty time consuming. But there's always room for hope. I'm now writing reviews for Get To The Front where I'm slowly building up a portfolio of music reviews and a nice pile of free CDs. The guys are even sending me to cover the Bizarre Ball! Must remember that I'm going there for work...


This is the best picture I could find from last year's ball

I'm also about to start a writing job with Future First. They set up school alumni networks to improve career aspirations in young people. I get to meet the inspirational ones, hear their stories and write them into inspirational articles. Inspiring eh?

So, the moral of the story? Don't let the bastards grind you down. Oh and don't spend all your time blogging when you could be writing more productive stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment